The Tokai MTB trails will host a SRAM SuperFlow virtual Enduro Series in 2021.
The SRAM SuperFlow Enduro embraces your mountain bike lifestyle of riding with your mates, shredding the trails and having a good time, whilst practicing social distancing.
How does it work?
This event is a relaxed style of mountain bike racing, using a virtual format with no fixed start times or time schedule other than TokaiMTB’s operating hours. The 2021 SRAM SuperFlow Enduro Series consists of four one-day events starting in January and ending in November. All the timing will run off of dedicated segments from the Strava app. Bike Network will host a series leaderboard for each of the four categories using the times pulled through from the Bike Network Strava Club. You will not need to submit your times, we will pull them from the Strava club. The dates are 24 January, 9 May, 12 September and 7 November.
What are the categories and stages?
The four categories are: Open Women, Open Men, Open Women eMTB and Open Men eMTB. The three stages will all be named SRAM SuperFlow – if they don’t appear on your Strava file remember to hit “View all results” or “Show hidden segments” to see them. The stages are live now and named as follows:
|SRAM SuperFlow – Vasbyt & My Roots|
|SRAM SuperFlow – DH3 including jumps after quarry|
|SRAM SuperFlow – Boomslang, Snake Eyes & Rinkhals|
|SRAM SuperFlow – eMTB – Vasbyt & My Roots|
|SRAM SuperFlow – eMTB – DH3 including jumps after quarry|
|SRAM SuperFlow – eMTB – Boomslang, Snake Eyes & Rinkhals|
New to Tokai?
See the trail map here.
Where is registration and prize giving?
There is none. It’s a virtual series with no physical, in-person registration or prize giving. The winners of the lucky draw prizes from SRAM, Pirelli, Camelbak and will be announced on social media, on www.bikenetwork.co.za and notified by email. The prizes will be sent to your nearest bike shop for your collection. To qualify for the lucky draw you must enter via email with your name, category, email and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org
What time can you ride?
You can ride anytime during the usual opening hours of TokaiMTB on the day of the event.
How to enter and what to do
- Join the Bike Network Strava Club to have your times pull through to the official results. It is free. If you do not join the club we are unable to find your times and your name will not appear in the results.
- Entry is free but you must have a day pass or Activity Card from SANParks to be on the mountain.
- Entries are open now.
- To enter, send your name, contact number, age and the category you wish to enter to email@example.com
- The focus is on fun. So, whilst acknowledging the unusual time everyone is experiencing it is important to allow yourself to have some fun and celebrate life, bikes and the MTB community which you are a part of.
- The event is free and open to everyone who has a good vibe.
- You can enter the eMTB AND analog categories if you have both bikes and want to spend the entire day riding. Just be sure to upload each ride accordingly.
- Stay on the trails as they exist. No shortcuts or jeep tracks to be used which might fool Strava into posting a quicker time.
- eMTB’s must be run on stock production restrictions. (ie: 32kph top out)
- You can do as many runs as you like.
- Only Strava times will count towards the results.
- There are no number boards, official race support, registration tents or the like.
- Embrace the spirit of mountain biking and be polite and friendly to all riders out there.
- All Covid-19 government recommended protocols must be adhered to and you will be solely liable, to the exclusion of Cape Cycle Systems (Pty) Ltd, its directors, affiliates, agents or employees, for any liability which may arise as a result of non-compliance.
- All the wildlife on the mountain has right of way and you must respect them
- By entering the virtual event as aforesaid, you accept the terms and conditions set out herein, expressly including but not limited to the non-liability provision hereinbelow.
Cape Cycle Systems (Pty) Ltd nor any of its directors, affiliates, agents or employees will not under any circumstances be liable for any loss, damage, injury loss of life or any harm or damage to person or property which may be suffered by any person(s) who participate in the SRAM SuperFlow Enduro Event. All participants in the event acknowledge those risks inherent with mountain biking and participate entirely at their own risk. The participant accordingly agrees to indemnify and hold Cape Cycle Systems (Pty) Ltd, its Directors, affiliates, agents or employees from any and all claims or causes of action resulting from the aforesaid harm or damage to person or property arising from participating in the SRAM SuperFlow Enduro event and any claim in this regard is expressly waived by the participant.