The Tokai MTB trails will host the inaugural SRAM SuperFlow Enduro virtual event soon.
The SRAM SuperFlow Enduro embraces your mountain bike lifestyle of riding with your mates, shredding the trails and having a good time, whilst practicing social distancing.
How does it work?
This event is a relaxed style of mountain bike racing, using a virtual format with no fixed start times or time schedule other than TokaiMTB’s operating hours. The SRAM SuperFlow Enduro consists of two events; a two-stage Mini event for novice and intermediate riders and a four-stage Maxi event for more expert level riders and eMTBers. All the timing will be via your Strava app and the racing will take place on the existing trail network inside Tokai. You can do as many runs through each segment as you wish. At the end of the day or weekend, your fastest times are combined to give you win overall race time. If you are in the running for the top 3 positions per category then email the screenshots from your Strava account with your category and combined overall time and the organizers will verify it. There are no prizes for positions but the bragging rights are priceless.
What are the categories and stages?
Essentially this is a fun event. We want you to be outside, riding bikes, celebrating the mountain and life. With that in mind, we have put together fewer categories than usual, as the emphasis is on having fun and not necessarily being the winner!
SuperFlow Mini Enduro – Open Women: For Novice and Intermediate riders who are interested in doing their first Enduro or are just looking at a shorter event. The stages are tamer and you can ride on any analog bike. This category has two stages, the Boomslang trail and a combined segment of Vasbyt to the bottom of My Roots.
SuperFlow Mini Enduro – Open Men: For Novice and Intermediate riders who are interested in doing their first Enduro or are just looking at a shorter event. The stages are tamer and you can ride on any analog bike. This category has two stages, the Boomslang trail and a combined segment of Vasbyt to the bottom of My Roots.
SuperFlow Maxi Enduro – Open Women: A four-stage event for analog bike riders. The trails are marginally more technically challenging than the Mini event. The four stages are: DH3, Lizard, Vasbyt & My Roots, Snake Eyes & Rinkhals.
SuperFlow Maxi Enduro – Open Men: A four-stage event for analog bike riders. The trails are marginally more technically challenging than the Mini event. The four stages are: DH3, Lizard, Vasbyt & My Roots, Snake Eyes & Rinkhals.
SuperFlow Maxi E-Enduro – Open Women: A four-stage event for eMTB riders. The trails are marginally more technically challenging than the Mini event. The four stages are: DH3, Lizard, Vasbyt & My Roots, Snake Eyes & Rinkhals.
SuperFlow Maxi E-Enduro – Open Men: A four-stage event for eMTB riders. The trails are marginally more technically challenging than the Mini event. The four stages are: DH3, Lizard, Vasbyt & My Roots, Snake Eyes & Rinkhals.
New to Tokai?
See the trail map here.
Where is registration and prize giving?
There is none. It’s a virtual event on the 24th & 25th of October with no physical, in-person registration or prize giving. The winners of the lucky draw prizes from SRAM, Pirelli, Camelbak and will be announced on social media, on www.bikenetwork.co.za and notified by email. The prizes will be sent to your nearest bike shop for your collection.
What time can I ride?
You can ride anytime during the usual opening hours of TokaiMTB. You can do both days or just one of them. It’s up to you.
How to enter and what to do
- Entry is free but you must have a day pass or Activity Card from SANParks to be on the mountain.
- Entries open on Wednesday the 14th of October at midday.
- To enter, send your name, contact number, age and the category you wish to enter to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of business on 21 October. This entry process also enters you into the lucky draw.
- The focus is on fun. So, whilst acknowledging the unusual year everyone is experiencing it is important to allow yourself to have some fun and celebrate life, bikes and the MTB community which you are a part of.
- The event is free and open to everyone who has a good vibe.
- You can enter the eMTB AND analog categories if you have both bikes and want to spend the entire weekend riding. Just be sure to upload each ride accordingly.
- Stay on the trails as they exist. No shortcuts or jeep tracks to be used which might fool Strava into posting a quicker time.
- eMTB’s must be run on stock production restrictions. (ie: 32kph top out)
- You can ride on one of the days or both of them.
- You can do as many runs as you like.
- Only Strava times will count towards the results.
- There are no number boards, official race support, registration tents or the like.
- Embrace the spirit of mountain biking and be polite and friendly to all riders out there.
- The top 3 positions in each category will be posted as the official results a few days after the event right here on Bike Network.
- If you want your results to be considered for the Top 3 in each category then email your final overall time and screenshots of the stages to email@example.com on or before Tuesday the 27th at 10am. Remember to include your category in the mail.
- All Covid-19 government recommended protocols must be adhered to and you will be solely liable, to the exclusion of Cape Cycle Systems (Pty) Ltd, its directors, affiliates, agents or employees, for any liability which may arise as a result of non-compliance.
- All the wildlife on the mountain has right of way and you must respect them
- By entering the virtual event as aforesaid, you accept the terms and conditions set out herein, expressly including but not limited to the non-liability provision hereinbelow.
Cape Cycle Systems (Pty) Ltd nor any of its directors, affiliates, agents or employees will not under any circumstances be liable for any loss, damage, injury loss of life or any harm or damage to person or property which may be suffered by any person(s) who participate in the SRAM SuperFlow Enduro Event. All participants in the event acknowledge those risks inherent with mountain biking and participate entirely at their own risk. The participant accordingly agrees to indemnify and hold Cape Cycle Systems (Pty) Ltd, its Directors, affiliates, agents or employees from any and all claims or causes of action resulting from the aforesaid harm or damage to person or property arising from participating in the SRAM SuperFlow Enduro event and any claim in this regard is expressly waived by the participant.