The Olympic Games have kicked off and the first of the cycling events takes place on Saturday.
The cycling events begin with the Men’s Road Race which takes the riders through a tough 234km in and around Mount Fuji before finishing at the Fuji International Speedway circuit. The following day the Women’s Road Race covers a slightly shorter distance with two big climbs. The next two days see the Mountain Bike XCO events take place and then it’s back to the road for the Men’s and Women’s Individual Time Trial on Wednesday the 28th of July. The BMX finals take place on Friday the 30th and the Track events are spread out from the 2nd to the 8th of August. Follow the SA team on Instagram for some behind-the-scenes updates and stay tuned to our channels for results.
- Men’s Road Race: 4.00 on Saturday 24th July
- Women’s Road Race: 6.00 on Sunday 25th July
- Men’s Individual Time Trial: 7.00 on Wednesday 28th July
- Women’s Individual Time Trial: 4.30 on Wednesday 28th July
- Men’s & Women’s Semi-finals and Finals: 3.00 on Friday 30th July
- Various events: 2nd to 8th August / full schedule
- Men’s XCO: 8:00 on Monday 26th July
- Women’s XCO: 8:00 on Tuesday 27th July
| IMAGES: Cannondale Factory Racing, Brigette Mileson |