The modern tubeless setup is generally more robust than the old inflatable tube setup but is not a 100% flat-proof system.
When riding a tubeless setup you will need a tubeless repair kit with you to plug holes that are too big for the sealant to congeal in and close. The Slug Plug is an ultra-compact tubeless repair system that is fully encased in a safe capsule. It is designed to be pre-loaded, in other words, the plug itself can be threaded into the needle and is then always ready-to-use which makes the tubeless repair process virtually instant.
- A fully enclosed and safe capsule
- Stainless steel needle
- Built-in valve core remover
- Includes 10 seal strips
- Easily stores in pockets, packs and on the Ryder Slyder System
- Weight: 12 grams
- RRP: Approximately R79
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- It’s a ‘one-shot’ action. Or a quick stab.
- The needle length is optimized on the Slug Plug so be sure to push it all the way in and then release it.
- The strip/slug will seal the hole as you remove the needle.
- If you need an intermediate size plug you can wind two of the smaller plugs together before threading into the needle.
- It’s a good idea to trim some of the excess off when you get home but don’t trim it too short.
- You can usually ride plugged [repaired] tyres for a long time but it’s probably not the best idea to race on them.
Since we started using the Slug Plug we have had a 100% success rate [on the first attempt!] when repairing flats. It’s a tidy, safe and easy-to-use repair kit.
Ryder products are designed, manufactured and tested in South Africa. The company is 20 years old and the brand is available in rad bike shops all over the globe.