Push your boundaries with cyclists from across South Africa during this year’s #TrekCenturyChallenge.
Whether you are a new rider, weekend warrior, or a racing snake this is your chance to see how far you can go…Join the Trek Bikes South Africa Strava Club and participate in the challenge by riding and logging 100km per week for a chance to win Bontrager Gear and the grand prize of a Madone SL6 Disc Road Bike.
How to enter
- Register here: trek.bike/Century_Challenge
- Join the Trek Bikes South Africa Strava Club
- Follow TrekbikesZA on Instagram. www.instagram.com/trekbikesza/
- Achieve the 100km goal distance each week to stand a chance to win!
All you need to do is complete 100km – total distance – each week!
Keep your eyes on the prize
Complete the weekly challenges successfully and you stand a chance to win the following prizes:
Week 1: 1 of 15 Bontrager Velocis Endurance Cycling Jerseys. Value R1,450
Week 2: 1 of 5 Bontrager Flare R Rear and Bontrager ION Elite Front Lights. Value R2,750
Week 3: 1 of 2 Bontrager XXX Road Wheelsets. Value R43,000
Week 4: 1 of 1 Madone SL6 Disc Road Bike. Value R90,000
Ready to conquer?
Weekly challenges will start on Monday’s and end on Sunday’s as follows:
Week 1: 28 June 2021, 12:00 am – 4 July 2021 11:59 pm
Week 2: 5 July 2021, 12:00 am – 11 July 2021 11:59 pm
Week 3: 12 July 2021, 12:00 am – 18 July 2021 11:59 pm
Week 4: 19 July 2021, 12:00 am – 25 July 2021 11:59 pm
TREK CENTURY CHALLENGE – TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This competition starts on 28 June 2021 and closes on 25 July 2021. No late entries will be accepted. The competition is open to all South African residents who are 18 years and older. No director, employee, agent, or consultant of the Trek Bicycles global business, or their spouses, life partners, business partners, retail stores or immediate family members, or the supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition may participate in this competition.
- Enter this competition by:
- Registering your participation on. https://trek.bike/Century_Challenge
- Join the official Trek Bikes South Africa club on the Strava platform strava.com/clubs/trekbikesza
- Follow TrekbikesZA on Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/trekbikesza/
- Complete the required goal distance in the week to be entered into the draw.
- Logged rides will be accepted from:
- Week 1 – 28 June 2021, 12:00 am – 4 July 2021 11:59 pm
- Week 2 – 5 July 2021, 12:00 am – 11 July 2021, 11:59 pm
- Week 3 – 12 July 2021, 12:00 am – 18 July 2021, 11:59 pm
- Week 4 – 19 July 2021, 12:00 am – 25 July 2021, 11:59 pm
- Goals to be achieved per week.
- Week 1 – 100 km
- Week 2 – 100 km
- Week 3 – 100 km
- Week 4 – 100 km
- All participants that achieved the weekly challenge goal will be entered into a draw to stand a chance to win the following prizes:
- Week 1: 1 of 15 Bontrager Velocis Endurance Cycling Jerseys. Value R1 450
- Week 2: 1 of 5 Bontrager Flare R Rear and Bontrager ION Elite Front Lights. Value R2 750
- Week 3: 1 of 2 Bontrager XXX Road Wheelsets. Value R43 000
- Week 4: 1 of 1 Madone SL6 Disc Road Bike. Value R90 000
- The participants are to keep the activities public and not hide them.
- It is recommended for the participants to upload their respective activities and post to Strava on the same day of the ride.
- All entries are to be done on the Strava application only – direct message/posting on other social media /web-based platforms will not be accepted.
- It is NOT mandatory for the contestant to ride daily.
- It is NOT mandatory for the contestant to own or ride a Trek Bicycle.
- The contestant can complete the weekly challenge in multiple rides.
- Distance ridden will NOT be cumulative and rollover per week.
- Weekly winners will be announced on:
- Week 1: Monday 5 July 2021
- Week 2: Monday 12 July 2021
- Week 3: Monday 19 July 2021
- Week 4: Monday 26 July 2021
- Winners will be contacted by Trek Bicycle SA (Pty) Ltd via a comment on their last activity/post or email. The winner would then be required to share proof of identity. Trek will only accept a valid South African ID card/Book.
- There is a limit of one (1) reward per person per CHALLENGE but not limited to other challenges.
- Indoor Trainer/Virtual Rides synced to Strava will be considered part of the challenge.
- Ebikes rides will be considered part of the challenge.
- Manual Activity Posts will not be considered.
- Manipulation of .FIT files will result in disqualification.
- If you have not been notified that you have won a prize, then you have not been randomly selected as a winner. In the event, the winner cannot be successfully contacted following all reasonable attempts and within two (2) weeks after the draw, the winner forfeits their prize. Any queries in this regard may be directed to Trek Consumer Services on telephone number +27 10 045 2676 during office hours.
- Trek Bicycle SA (Pty) Ltd, nor its employees and retailers are not liable for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotional competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted. Please contact our Customer services line on +27 10 045 2676.
- Trek Bicycle SA (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of similar commercial value in the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- Trek Bicycle SA (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to reject any prize winner whereby an application is: • Received from a non-South African citizen, • Is submitted on behalf of a third party • Does not adhere to the Terms & Conditions.
- The winner accepts the Prize at his / her own risk. The winner may be required to sign a waiver of liability and indemnity before claiming the prize.
- Winners may be requested to take part in Trek South Africa’s future marketing campaigns however may decline such request. There will be no remuneration for participation.
- Where winners consent to take part in the promoter’s publicity campaigns, they will not be entitled to any remuneration for such participation and all materials arising from such participation will be the sole property of Trek Bicycle SA (Pty) Ltd.
- By entering this competition all participants accept and agree to abide by these rules.
- Trek Bicycle SA (Pty) Ltd’s decision will be final.
- Trek Bicycle SA (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity
Use of Personal Information: Sponsor, its subsidiaries, and business partners may use the personal information (name, address, email) provided by you during the entry process to contact you to promote their products and services. You may opt-out at any time by unsubscribing to promotional emails or by sending a written request to be deleted from this mailing list to email@example.com
General Terms: Your entry in this Challenge constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these rules. Entrants agree that the Sponsor of this giveaway, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents, or other representatives of any kind shall not be responsible or liable for damages or losses of any kind arising out of or resulting from entry in this giveaway, acceptance, or use of a Reward, or any other matter related to this giveaway, including, without limitation, claims based on property damage, personal injury and/or death, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. All decisions related to, as well as all interpretation of, these rules by the Sponsor, will be final.
- Maintain social distancing before during and after your ride.
- Wear your mask.
- Wear a properly fitted helmet at all times while riding.
- Cycling gloves help tackle varied climates and conditions and help with a firm grip.
- Wear high vis gear during daylight to help stand out from the surrounding environment.
- Use reflective gear or accessories at night to be as visible as possible.
- Equip your bike with front and rear lights for visibility.
- Please obey all traffic light signals, traffic signs, and road markings as per the law.
- Ride at a safe speed.
- Keep a safe distance from any vehicle in front of you and beware of their sudden stop for avoiding accidents happen.
- Know your limits, stay within your capabilities?